Friday, August 17, 2007

First Time Ever!


This is my first ever blog so it's all very exciting! I've been inspired by late night wanderings on the net and have started this blog to document my visual arts practice and humble observations of the world around me.

I have been working as a visual artist since graduating from the Bachelor of Fine Arts at Southern Cross University in Lismore, Australia in 1992 and my work has evolved through a variety of media, across a number of countries and despite a succession of 'day jobs'.

For the past 4 years I have been working predominantly with natural fibres and have posted this coiled piece made from Kangaroo Grass (Themeda triandra) and stitched with waxed linen. The colours of Kangaroo Grass can be awesome and the long, resilient fibres make it an ideal material for coiling.

No comments: